Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Wicked

I've been wanting to see the broadway musical Wicked forever.  FOR-Ev-ER! I finally just decided I was going to make it happen. So, when I knew that I would probably be going to visit the Fifield family in December, I called my sister Kristin to see if she wanted to go along. Of course she did! I think Kristin is pretty much my musical buddy. In 2010, we went to see The Lion King.  Anyway.

Kristin and I went to dinner at Olive Garden before the show and enjoyed their delicious soup, salad, and breadsticks. We also picked up some new socks across the street while we were waiting because who doesn't love new socks?! 

We drove to downtown Hollywood to the Pantages Theater.  I just have to say that Hollywood looks much more exciting at night! We were there a few months ago during the day, and it was just dirty and a little scary looking.  At night? Bright flashing lights, people dressed up, excitement in the air.  Wow. This is probably more true to what some people see in the movies or think of Hollywood.

We had pretty good seats, and we also had caramel popcorn, so I don't know how it could be much better.  The show was absolutely wonderful! My eyes were dying from lack of blinking because I couldn't take my eyes off of the show.  At intermission, I told my sis that I'd be happy if I had to leave now (not that I wanted to!). I'd listened to the music before, but seeing the whole show brought the rest of the story. I just loved it. I laughed and cried, and I hope to be able to see it again sometime in the future.  It was Wicked!





1 comment:

Kristin said...

We can go see lots of musicals! I love them! I had a super fun time seeing this with you also.

p.s.- the word I had to type for verification was -splazzle- it seems like a word they would have used in Wicked!