Tuesday, July 8, 2008

No Ma'am!

So, the other day I was at a store and the little girl at the register said, "Have a good day, Ma'am." I was kind of horrified. First of all, when did I go from being a Miss to a Ma'am? It sounds so old and grandma-like. I wasn't even wearing a house dress or rollers in my hair! Second of all, this little girl was not little--married and all she was--just very young. Do younger people automatically give this title to those who are older? I think being married is the cutoff for Miss--you automatically are a Mrs. and therefore should also be considered a Ma'am. Is there a certain age where one can no longer be called a Miss but must be a Ms. or Ma'am? I still feel young, and could be considered so, so for all purposes I'm fighting the movement! That's Miss Husbands to you! :)

No comments: