Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Student Surveys

I had my students complete a short survey where they were required to write a little information on their family, likes and dislikes, etc. When reading them, here are a few of the questions and answers that really made my day:

* My family members are: 35 and 36 (Mom and Dad)
* I like it when my teachers: are under 40 years old.
* This year I am ooking forward to learning about: Utah History (I replied: That's fantastic--but we're studying World History!) :)
* I like it when my teachers: reward me for doing what I'm supposed to be doing anyway.
*If I could change one thing about school, it would be: make recess all day, no work and no rules. and a second sheet said: to have recess all day long (I replied on these sheets that we would then have to call this a "vacation.").
*If I could change anything about the school, it would be: our room, because I want the classroom to be like a house.
*This year I am looking forward to learning about: water animals. (I have no idea where this came from . . .)

These are just a few of the funny replies that the students wrote. I also had the parents do a survey on their students. The answers are so honest, and they help me know my students even better. What wonderful kids! I have a feeling it's going to be a wonderful, although challenging, year.

No comments: