Tuesday, July 22, 2008

The Ultimate Question

School started again yesterday, and so begins the daily ritual that is 6th grade. I have a great class! They are enthusiastic, hard working, and very funny. Today, after giving them time to discuss some get to know you questions in small groups, I let them have a short question/answer session with me. They asked the funniest questions. They wanted to know what my favorite foods were, where I had traveled in the past, who was in my family, what music I enjoy, if I was married or had kids, where I went to school, and my hobbies. Then, at the very end, this little guy said, "Ms. Husbands, can I ask one more question? Have all your dreams come true?" I smiled and told him not yet, but I'm still hoping they will. Kids say the darndest things!

No comments: