Sunday, October 30, 2011

Out and About with Grandpa

While I was off track (yikes! I'm behind in posting--like a month ago), I spent the day with my grandpa. We went to lunch at a mexican restaurant in Sandy, and then we took a drive up to Deer Creek. It was beautiful up there. The weather was perfect, it wasn't crowded, and Grandpa really enjoyed just sitting by the lake. We stopped in Heber on the way home and had some good old fashioned malts at one of the little places there. It was delicious! It was nice to spend time with Grandpa, and I know these times are few and far between. He was so funny. He talked the whole way home about wanting to get the camper going and the boat out on the lake. He talked about the camper being such a good, reliable vehicle that never broke down. Funny thing is, every time we were with them in the camper, I swear we spent time on the side of the road because it would always overheat! It made me laugh.  It was a nice day.  I think that Grandpa and I are very alike in ways. We're both living alone, doing most stuff alone, and we love to have the company of others among other things.  It was nice to chat and spend time with him for a bit. I need to do it more often.  Oh, and I got to see my favorite cat, Gato. He is so spoiled by Grandpa, but I think that's a good thing. Grandpa needs that kitty.


No comments: