Sunday, November 8, 2009

Not My Kind of Culture

So, for my ELL (English Language Learners) class that I'm taking, I have to attend four cultural events around the area that are outside of my culture. That's not as easy as I first thought. The instructors gave us a link to the Salt Lake County website where so-called "Cultural Events" are posted. It only took me moments to realize that these weren't my type of culutral events, even though they did fall outside of my culture. Two of my choices included a film screening of My Neighbor, My Killer and an informational night: Hepatitis Information and Bingo! Thrilling choices, I know. I'm just going to have to look a little bit more, although I'm extremely disappointed I missed these opportunities.

1 comment:

DEFRIEZ said...

WOW! What cultures are those?