Monday, May 5, 2008

Ace of Cakes

I consider myself a pretty craft person, and as Rosie says, “Crafting and cooking are the same thing, just using different materials.” (Well, she said something like that on Rachel Ray the other morning). Some of my crafty adventures include quilting, painting, scrap booking, crocheting, and dabbling in oil pastels and watercolors.



More recently, I have decided to try my hand at making cakes. Now, these aren’t just your average out of the box cakes. Okay, yes they are, but with more bling. I’ve made a couple in the past that came out pretty disastrous. Well, this weekend I decided to make a cake to take to a BBQ in Logan for my Master’s graduation and Matthew’s (my sister Kristin’s husband) graduation.



I slaved over a hot stove for hours . . . or made cakes from a box (you decide), and put them together. Then, I bought everything I needed to decorate the top. Making cakes is expensive! When the cake finally came together, it was a masterpiece of perfection. Okay, okay. It wasn’t perfect, but looked eatable. So far in my cake-making excursions, it’s the best one yet! I’m no ace of cakes, but pretty close.




DID I MENTION . . . I left the cake at home. Yep, right there on the counter. I was too far away when I remembered. So, my friends and I enjoyed cake later that week . . .

No comments: