Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Equality for All

Now, I know today is a history day with the election and all, and it started me thinking about those silly things that are done so that everyone has "equal" access. Now, I'm not saying that people shouldn't have equal access, but sometimes the result is just ridiculous! For example:

*I drove up to the library book drop. The drive up book drop, not the walk up. There is braille on the bottom of the book drop. Now, first of all, I don't think that someone who is blind would be driving a car. Secondly, do public libraries even carry books in braille? If someone knows the answer, please inform me. Plus, I didn't really notice any other signs in braille. This seems as ridiculous to me as having braille on the ATM when the person obviously can't read all of the words on the screen. Really, I just think it's silly. I'm not trying to nag about the blind. I just think we've gone a little bit far sometimes.

Know any other examples? Comment, and I'll post them! I'm sure I'll find another one soon.

No comments: