Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Funny Students

So, my class has been learning about microorganisms this past week. They've studied about bacteria, viruses, algae, fungi, and protozoa (which is my favorite because it's fun to say), and they even made their own replica of a type of bacteria that is common in everyday life.

About a week into this, one of my students wasn't in class. Someone questioned, "Where's Ian?" to which I replied, "How should I know?! Maybe he's home sick." This led to rapid responses by a few other students: "Maybe he has a virus," and "Maybe he has E-coli," and "Maybe he has
Salmonella." Last but not least, "Maybe he has African Sleeping Sickness."

Haa Haa! It was really a funny chain response. The kids who heard it, along with their teacher, had a good giggle. :)

P.S. Speaking of students, I just found out that the whole grade is going to bike the Antelope Island causeway this spring! I better get riding! :)

No comments: