Friday, March 13, 2009

Happy Pi Day!

No, it's not a misspelling. I really meant Pi! A quick history: pi is from the Greek word for perimeter and means that when a circle has a diameter of 1, its circumference is 3.14 or π. More technically, it's 3.141592 and on and on, but I'm not some super freak (and I mean that in the nicest way) who can recite pi to the longest decimal. Read more about pi and all its wonderful uses here.

Okay, so I'm a dork and got a little carried away! Here are some fantastic sites to check out--all dedicated to pi!

Pi as a piano solo Hey, I could play this! A bit boring . . .

Coolest PIE of PI EVER!Seriously, check it out. :)

See Pi as a Picture. Kind of looks like those I Spy for grownup 3D pics. Check it out!

I know, I know. It's only the 12th of March, but I wanted everyone to have a warning! Tomorrow, Saturday, March 14 (3/14), is Pi day! So, go celebrate. Eat some real pie. For many out there, they have no idea what pi is--either they don't care or have forgotten (or they have forgotten because they don't care)--and don't care to celebrate. But, in these down times, I think we need to celebrate a little more! So, eat your favorite kind of pie this weekend!

Plus, here's the bonus: Take my Pie survey on the sidebar, and leave a comment on your favorite kind of pie! The 3rd person who comments will be taken out for a slice of pie, my treat! Now, that's fun! :) UPDATE: OKAY, WELL--EITHER ONLY STRANGERS READ MY BLOG AND TAKE THE SURVEY, OR NOBODY WANTS TO GO OUT FOR PIE! :(

I should take my sister out, too. Not because she likes pie, but she was born on Pi day! Wahoo for her. Happy Birthay, Jenni!

And, if you're still reading this . . . I coded this post! Yep, it's true. I didn't just link, but actually wrote the computer code in. I'd like to think that all this talk of math and pi inspired me.

P.S. Although I love math, pumpkin pie is still my favorite. :)

1 comment:

Misty said...

I love pie. Didn't realize 3/14 was Pi day. Missed out on pie!!! Oh well. Your blog is so stinking cute! I love it!!! Have a good one! Good luck with all your cleaning!!!