Saturday, August 8, 2009

5 K--Check!

This weekend I participated in the Sandy Midnight Moon 5K Fun Run. If you're laughing, I know. I basically was, too. Here are some of my thoughts:
-People do this for fun?! In the heat of the day? Are they crazy?
-Am I there yet?
-Why is the majority of this race straight uphill?
-I SO should be sleeping right now.
-Where is everyone?
-I heart my iphone/ipod.
-Water, water, where is the water?
-I have to beat that lady pushing the double stroller . . .
-Run, Forrest, Run.
-These glowsticks are neato.
-Why did I wear a jacket?
-There's the finish line!
-Hey, I know those people!
-They're cheering for me. Yay!
-I beat my projected time. Go go gadget legs.
-Let's go home! I'm beat!
-I ran a 5k, and all I got was a T-shirt. It glows in the dark.
-What? The Turkey Run? I'll have to think about it . . .

3 comments:

kriddlec said...

You are AMAZING!

Kristin said...

Hooray for you! If i had known i would have come to cheer for you also!

Heidi said...

Congrats - a midnight one sounds way more fun then the ones we do...